OnePlace2Save Limited General Terms & Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE CHANGED WITH THE AGREEMENT OF BOTH THE CUSTOMER ANDONEPLACE2SAVE. PLEASE NOTIFY US IF YOU WISH TO MAKE ANY CHANGES AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. THESE TERMSAND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL SERVICES WE (OnePlace2Save Limited) PROVIDE OR SELL.
By confirming a booking with OnePlace2Save Limited you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. Where we use the words ‘You’ or’Your’ it means the customer. ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ means Oneplace2Save (Oneplace2Save Limited). For any misguided information provided by the customer tothe company such as: Not precisely describing all items to be removed, when we give you a fixed quote, this could result in extra charges or a penalty charge.
If your moving address or delivery address changes after the booking you made with us, you must let us know. If your inventory changes after the booking confirmation, please let us know as soon as possible and do likewise with any other information which could be helpful to us.
1. The Quote
Unless otherwise stated, the quote is based on an hourly rate and does not include materials, storage, customs duties, parking fees, parking penalties, congestion charge and ULEZ fees and inspections or any other fees whatsoever. We may either increase or decrease the price if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing our quotation and confirmed by us verbally, text message or via email:
- a) You do not accept the quote, in writing, within 28 days of a date in place for the removal, confirmed by us in writing.
- b) The removal is not carried out or completed within one month due to your delay.
- c) Our costs change because of changes in taxation or other costs beyond our control.
- d) We have to collect or deliver goods to floors higher than those agreed, in writing, at the time of booking. When you asked you for your full address, we expect you to describe to us flat number, floor level, if there is lift or no lift.
- e) Additional services, including moving or storing extra goods, are supplied by us (these conditions will also apply to these services).
- f) Inadequate access preventing free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive prevents our vehicles from loading and/or unloading within 20 metres of the doorway, meaning that we have to do extra work. (Not applicable for Removals on hourly rate).
- g) No Lift, Breakdown of lifts or escalators which were working at the time of quote, meaning extra work. (£15 per hour will be added per floor despite if is hourly rate, if is fixed price we will revise the quote (we reserve the right to re quote for the task in case that the work had been quote as fixed price/rate. In case of no new rate/price agreement because you have not advised us about moving from a flat/building without an working lift, we will cancel your booking and the initial charged agreed with us must be paid in full by you to us immediately).
- h) Any parking charges or parking fines that we have to pay in order to carry out services on your behalf (see condition 17).
- i) Events outside our reasonable control cause delays.
- j) Dismantling or assembling any flat-pack furniture or fittings. (Not applied for Removals on hourly rate Quote).
- k) We agree in writing to increase our limit of liability as set out in clause 10. In all the above circumstances the price will be adjusted accordingly.
2. Work Excluded from the Quote
Unless agreed by us in writing, we will not:
- a) Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fixtures, fittings, or electrical equipment.
- b) Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
- c) Move storage heaters (unless previously dismantled).
- d) Move items from or to a loft (unless well-illuminated with safe access and clean).
- e) Move or store any items excluded under clause 5.
3. Our Responsibility
It will be our responsibility to deliver your goods to you undamaged. This means that we will deliver the goods to you in the condition they were in at the time of packing, or made ready for transportation.
4. Your Responsibility
It will be your own responsibility (and, where relevant, expense) to:
- a) Declare to us valuations of all goods being removed via email or text message before we start the work. The value to be used is the current value (not a new-for-old value), this is for insurance purpose. Our insurance only cover your goods if you declare its value via email or text prior to the removal.
- b) Insure the goods submitted for removal against all insurable risks where you do not wish to accept ‘Inclusive Cover’.
- c) Obtain all paperwork (licences, permits, etc.) necessary for the removal to be completed.
- d) Be yourself present or represented throughout the whole removal.
- e) Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing is left behind or taken away in error.
- f) Arrange protection for goods left in unattended premises or where other people not bound by these terms and conditions will be present.
- g) Prepare and stabilise all electric equipment prior to its removal.
- h) Empty, defrost completely, and clean refrigerators and freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- i) Provide us with a correspondence address. Other than by reason of our own negligence, we will not be held liable for costs that may arise from any of the above.
5. Non-submission of Certain Goods for Removal
The following items are excluded from this contract:
- a) Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of any similar kind.
- b) Items which have potential to damage, explode, or be dangerous including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition.
- c) Prohibited or stolen goods.
- d) Drugs.
- e) Goods which may be likely to encourage vermin, pests, or cause infestation.
- f) Food or drink which is refrigerated or frozen.
- g) Any pets or animals (including reptiles, fish, and birds) whether in cage, tank, or animal carrier.
- h) Goods which require government permission or licence for export or import.
Any of the above-listed goods will not be removed by us except with our prior written agreement. If these goods are removed we will not accept liability for loss or damage, unless we are negligent or in breach of contract, due to the special nature of the goods concerned. If such goods are removed without our knowledge and prior written consent, we will not be liable for any loss or damage and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us. Furthermore, we would have the right to dispose of goods which are listed under paragraphs 5(b), 5(c), 5(d), 5(e) and 5(f) without notice.
You declare, upon acceptance of this contract, that:
- a) All goods to be removed are your own property or, b) you have been given the authority to make this contract by the person(s) who own or have an interest in the goods and that they have been made aware of these conditions.
You will meet any claims for damages and/or costs against us if these statements are not true.
7. Initial Deposit
- a) A 50% deposit is required for services whose anticipated value will exceed £200. The deposit should be cleared funds in our bank account 1 day before the removal date.
- b) A 50% deposit is required for long-distance jobs (Removals, Motorcycle Transportation, delivery, or collections outside Central London).
- c) Full payment will be required in advance for: Last-minute request for Motorcycle Recovery Service, Motorcycle Transportation, Removals, Man and Van Services or Collection and Deliveries Services.
- d) Removals which require packing material to be delivered prior to the removal date.
- e) For House and Office Clearance Services, we may require half of the payment in advance and the remaining balance must be paid within 1 working day once the task is completed.
8. Paying for the Services
Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing:
- a) A deposit will be required when booking with us. (via bank transfer)
- b) The outstanding balance must be paid in cash to the driver upon completion of the service or if we had agreed bank transfer method, you must pay immediately or by the agreed time frame.
- d) Credit card (with certain exclusions), debit cards will add a 3% transaction fee.
- e) Cheques will be accepted if we have been advised by the customer while booking (In some cases we require funds to clear in our bank account, prior to removal/transportation of the goods).
- f) You may not withhold any part of the agreed price.
- g) Where we have varied these conditions as to payment, we may charge daily interest, calculated at 1.5% per day, with respect to all overdue amounts owed to us plus one fee of £50.00.
- h) Invoices must be paid within 20 days after the service has been provided or by the agreed date.
9. Charges if you Postpone or Cancel the Removal/Service
Where we use the words ‘Service’ It means Services provided by OnePlace2Save Limited such as; Motorcycle Collection and Delivery, House Removal, Office Removals, Man and Van Services, Courier Services, Motorcycle Car Pound Collection/Transportation, Waste Disposal and Collection, Clearance Services, Handyman Services, Storage Services etc…
Charges are made if this contract is postponed or cancelled. Charges are as follows:
- Notice given within 7 to 5 days before the removal or any other service was due to start; half of the minimum agreed price will be applicable (Despite if you have booked within the 7 days of your service).
- Notice given less than 5 days before the removal or any other service was due to start; you will be liable for the full charge of the minimum agreed price of the removal or any other service that we had quoted you.
For a small business, cancelling a removal or any other services will create lost of earnings for us as we had specifically reserved that time and day(s) for you, therefore, we will charge you the full estimated amount/time for your service.
10. Our Liability for Loss or Damage
Where you produce to us an itemised valued inventory (as set out in clause 4(a)) our liability to you with respect to our breaching clause 3 will be determined by clause 11 below. Where we are not provided with a valued inventory or your equest us not to accept ‘Inclusive Cover’ liability then our liability is as set out below:
- a) If we are liable, our goods in transit insurance or public liability insurance will pay you direct for each item which is lost or damaged due to our negligence or breach of contract. (Insurance access fee is £250 payable by you to the insurer to initiate the claim).
- b) We may repair or replace an item that is damaged. However, if an item is repaired, we will not be held liable for depreciation in value.
- c) We will not be liable for any loss, damage, or failure to produce the goods if caused by fire or explosion, unless caused by our negligence or breach of contract.
11. Inclusive Cover
In the event that you accept the ‘Inclusive Cover’ by providing to us an itemised valued inventory (clause 4(a)) then our liability to you through our breach of clause 3 shall be as follows, subject to a maximum liability of £20,000.00 per load. However, we can increase the cover if you request it, by describing to us the level of cover you do need.
- a) In the event of loss or damage to your goods our liability will be determined by the cost of repair or replacement taking into account the age and condition, at the time such loss or damage was incurred.
- b) It shall be your responsibility to determine whether the ‘Inclusive Cover’ provided is sufficient to cover your goods and risks to them.
- c) All Goods in Transit insurance claims are subject to an excess of £250.00 payable to begin your claim. Whether the claim is successful or not, the excess fee would not be refundable.
- d) Our insurance, which is included in the price quoted, is for Goods in Transit only and will only cover items while in transit and NOT any damages inside the property. However, when moving your goods (to and from our vehicles) inside or outside your property, we are fully insured by a Public Liability Insurance which covers your property, your goods, our staff and our equipment. Again, there is an access fee of £250.00 payable by you.
12. Exclusions to Our Liability
We will not be liable for any loss, damage, or failure to produce the goods if caused by
- Fire or explosion unless caused by our negligence or breach of contract
- ii) War, hostilities, terrorism, Act of God, industrial action, or other such events outside our reasonable control
- Normal wear and tear or deterioration, leakage, or evaporation or from unstable or perishable goods
- Infestation by moth, vermin, or anything similar
- Cleaning, repairing, or restoring goods, unless undertaken by ourselves
- Goods not both packed and unpacked by us, including those in wardrobes, drawers, or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other container
- Electrical/mechanical faults to any appliance or mechanical instrument, unless there is evidence of external impact
- To jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of any similar kind, unless we have confirmed in writing that we accept responsibility and you have given us description and value of those articles
- Any goods already proven defective or goods which are inherently defective.
- To pets or animals(including reptiles, fish, and birds) whether in cage, tank, or animal carrier
- To refrigerated or frozen food or drink
We will not be liable for any damages or costs occurred as a result of loss, damage, or failure to produce the goods, other than by reason of our negligence.
No employee of OnePlace2Save shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage, mis-delivery, errors or omissions.
13. Time Limit for Making a Claim
- a) Any loss, damage, or failure to produce goods which we are delivering must be noted at the time of delivery.
b)Not withstanding clause 10, we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods, unless you notify us in writing as soon as such loss or damage is discovered (or with reasonable diligence ought to have been discovered) and in any event within 1 day of collection or delivery of the goods by us.
- c) The time limits referred to in clauses 13 (a) and 13(b) above shall be essential to the contract.
- d) You may make a written request to extend your time for compliance with clause 13 (b). Such a request shall not be unreasonably refused, provided it is received within 1 days of collection or delivery of the goods by us.
14. Delays in Transit
- a) We are not liable for delays in transit other than by reason of our own negligence.
- b) If we are unable to deliver your goods through no fault of our own, we will take them into storage. At this point, the contract will be fulfilled. Any additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at your further expense.
15. Damage to Property Other than the Goods
- a) For property other than those goods submitted for removal and/or storage we will only be liable for damage where it can be proven that we have been negligent.
- b) If it is the case that we advise against moving certain goods as it will inevitably cause damage but you give us your express instruction to move said goods and damage is caused, we shall not accept that we were negligent.
- c) For property other than those goods submitted for removal and/or storage, where we are responsible for causing damage, you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt. This is essential to the contract.
16. Holding the Goods
Until all charges, including charges we have paid out on your behalf, or payments due under this or any other contract have been met, we shall have the right to withhold and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods. You will further be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred by our withholding your goods until we receive payment. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply.
Where we provide storage facilities as part of the contract and you do not use us for the removal of your goods, we will make a charge (£2.50 per square foot of storage) to provide access to you, or any agent of yours, for the removal of all goods. This charge will apply for each visit by you or your agent.
The following conditions shall apply to parking provisions at both the collection and drop off locations:
- a) Most local boroughs allow 20 minutes loading and unloading time on single and double yellow lines and in residential, pay and display and loading bays. If your removal time is expected to be twenty minutes or less and these parking conditions apply directly outside the removal location then you need not make any provisions for parking,
However, this is done at your own risk (see condition 17 (c)).
- b) If your removal time is expected to be more than twenty minutes, provisions for the parking of all removal vehicles needed to undertake your removal in a position directly accessible to the removal location and for the duration of the removal must be made prior to the removal date, at your own expense. In the event that provisions have not been made extra charges may be incurred (see condition 1(h)).
- c) If a Penalty Charge Notice (parking ticket) is given under the circumstances in conditions 17 (a) or (b) we will endeavour to the best of our ability to appeal against the issuing of the ticket. However, if an appeal is not upheld, payment of the Penalty Charge Notice will be your responsibility.
If there is a dispute relating to this agreement which cannot be resolved by either party, then either party may refer it to an independent arbitrator.
19. Sub-Contracting the Work
- a) We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work. b) In the event that we sub-contract, these terms and conditions will still apply.
20. Route and method
- a) We have the right to choose the route for delivery.
- b) Unless it has been specifically agreed in writing on our quotation, customers may share space with other consignments on our vehicles.
21. Advice and information
Advice and information, in whatever form it may be given, is provided by the company for the customer only. Any or all advice given without special arrangement is provided gratuitously and without contractual liability.
22. Applicable Law
This contract is subject to the Law and Jurisdiction of England.
- a) You also have a choice to pay via invoice, when previously arranged during the booking process (available for regular or commercial/business customers only). (Option not available to private/domestic customers)
- b) Invoices must be paid in full within 20 working days after the issue date.
- c) We do not accept credit cards, but you can make a bank transfer.
- d) When booking, you must advise us of your preferred payment method.
- e) If the invoice is not paid within 20 working days of issued date or at the agreed payable date, the following charges will occur; one off administration fee of £50 plus a daily interest, calculated at 1.5% per day, with respect to all overdue amounts owed to us.
24. Last-Minute Booking
We considered most of the last-minute bookings. The following conditions apply for Last-minute bookings:
- a) A full payment will be required in advance for: Motorcycle Recovery Service, Motorcycle Transportation, Removals, Man and Van Services, Clearance Services or Collection and Deliveries Services, etc…
- b) No refund will be made if you cancel your last-minute booking for any reason
- c) We estimate arrival time, but we cannot hold any responsibility if a delay occurs.
- d) Any misguided information provided by the customer to the company (us) could result in a penalty charge.
- e) If you cancel a service that you request at last minute, the cancelations fee of the minimum agreed price will be applicable.
Our goal is customers’ satisfaction, because we believe that; happy customers will make our business succeed!!! If you pay us a deposit for (e.g. for removals or any other transportation service) we will fully refund your deposit if we fail for any reason to carry out the collection or any other service.
26. Communication with Customer
- a) We normally communicate with our clients via telephone, but we may also contact you via email, once you have a booking with us. Please make sure you keep checking your Junk Mail Box (Spam Box) also, in case our email gets diverted.
- b) We will contact you only to confirm your booking or to warn you if there is any change to our agreement.
c) We do not pass your information to our partners or any other companies.